Freebies4All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Freebies4All

A place to post and share Freebies

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

OMG Condoms being used in hair bands!!!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Cher
Advanced Member
Cher

Number of posts : 1658
Registration date : 2008-05-05

OMG  Condoms being used in hair bands!!! Empty
PostSubject: OMG Condoms being used in hair bands!!!   OMG  Condoms being used in hair bands!!! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 5:17 pm

Check out the story on snopes!!!

http://www.snopes.com/medical/toxins/hairband.asp

Last edited by Fancy1 on Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
esper_d
Advanced Member
esper_d

Number of posts : 322
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: OMG Condoms being used in hair bands!!!   OMG  Condoms being used in hair bands!!! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 5:34 pm

I think I'm going to throw up! No (closest I could get to a 'throw up' smiley)
Back to top Go down
teletalker
Advanced Member
teletalker

Number of posts : 1410
Registration date : 2008-05-06

PostSubject: Re: OMG Condoms being used in hair bands!!!   OMG  Condoms being used in hair bands!!! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 6:06 pm

OMG!!! ugh- icky- sick- sick - sick! No more hair ties for me -- just hair clips!!!
Back to top Go down
Cher
Advanced Member
Cher

PostSubject: Re: OMG Condoms being used in hair bands!!!   OMG  Condoms being used in hair bands!!! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 9:55 am

yeah I about fell over when I seen this , I certainly hope they were not used!
Back to top Go down
DreamWeaver
Ast. Admin
DreamWeaver

Number of posts : 2174

PostSubject: Re: OMG Condoms being used in hair bands!!!   OMG  Condoms being used in hair bands!!! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 11:39 am

Okay, can someone point me in the direction of the nearest used condom recycling center? And do you know how they pay per pound? LMFAO!

Really that is just plain sick and nasty.
Back to top Go down
esper_d
Advanced Member
esper_d

PostSubject: Re: OMG Condoms being used in hair bands!!!   OMG  Condoms being used in hair bands!!! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 3:51 pm

Fancy1 wrote:
yeah I about fell over when I seen this , I certainly hope they were not used!

They ARE used! It said that the federal something didn't pass for them to use new condoms, so they had to use used, and it was cheaper on their part too. Not only that, butf now people are worried about the risk of the spread of diseases in those condoms!

So disgusting.
Back to top Go down
Cher
Advanced Member
Cher

PostSubject: Re: OMG Condoms being used in hair bands!!!   OMG  Condoms being used in hair bands!!! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 3:52 pm

that is so so gross. Why in the world would someone even consider that.
Back to top Go down
esper_d
Advanced Member
esper_d

PostSubject: Re: OMG Condoms being used in hair bands!!!   OMG  Condoms being used in hair bands!!! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 3:57 pm

I know! I mean of all the resources in the world, why used condoms? Did you see the picture of how they roll the thread over the condom? Some girl said the thread was unravelling and she saw pink underneath and pulled it out to find a condom!

I would have sued or something.
Back to top Go down
Cher
Advanced Member
Cher

PostSubject: Re: OMG Condoms being used in hair bands!!!   OMG  Condoms being used in hair bands!!! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 11:57 am

oh here in the states yes I would sue!!! That is downright disguesting. But if it happened in China they probably told them to deal with it.
Back to top Go down
esper_d
Advanced Member
esper_d

PostSubject: Re: OMG Condoms being used in hair bands!!!   OMG  Condoms being used in hair bands!!! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 8:57 pm

I wasn't sure if it was Chinese-produced then sold here in the U.S. or what.

LOL I've been telling my friends about this article and everyone is so grossed out!
Back to top Go down
DreamWeaver
Ast. Admin
DreamWeaver

PostSubject: Re: OMG Condoms being used in hair bands!!!   OMG  Condoms being used in hair bands!!! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 11:03 am

Just one more reason to NOT buy china made products. As evident here, you never know what they are about to put into something next!
Back to top Go down
Cher
Advanced Member
Cher

PostSubject: Re: OMG Condoms being used in hair bands!!!   OMG  Condoms being used in hair bands!!! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 11:05 am

Oh My you are sooo right.Look at how many things from China, that has been pulled from the shelves for being dangerous , toxic or lead contaminated these last couple years. Either they are trying to kill us or they just have very very low standards in thier country.
Back to top Go down
Nikki
Nikki

Number of posts : 3500

PostSubject: Re: OMG Condoms being used in hair bands!!!   OMG  Condoms being used in hair bands!!! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 11:42 am

eww that is nasty pale
i only use hair clips
Back to top Go down
DreamWeaver
Ast. Admin
DreamWeaver

PostSubject: Re: OMG Condoms being used in hair bands!!!   OMG  Condoms being used in hair bands!!! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 4:37 pm

LOL Facncy! I think it is the combination of both. I certainly don't hear on the news how they are poisoning their own with their products. Maybe it just hasn't made it to the media over here.
Back to top Go down
esper_d
Advanced Member
esper_d

PostSubject: Re: OMG Condoms being used in hair bands!!!   OMG  Condoms being used in hair bands!!! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 8:08 pm

My friend is working abroad in China, teaching graduate students English. I should tell her, lol!
Back to top Go down
Cher
Advanced Member
Cher

PostSubject: Re: OMG Condoms being used in hair bands!!!   OMG  Condoms being used in hair bands!!! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 8:27 pm

My mom was over for a year as a teacher , teaching grade school and middle school age kids to speak english.
Back to top Go down
teletalker
Advanced Member
teletalker

Number of posts : 1410

PostSubject: Re: OMG Condoms being used in hair bands!!!   OMG  Condoms being used in hair bands!!! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 8:38 pm

I had to use a hair tie this weekend- put the top up on the car and it was all I had to pull my hair back- ugh! I looked at it really, really close to make sure no small rips in it! I have now put a hair clip in the car for back up! lol
Back to top Go down
Cher
Advanced Member
Cher

PostSubject: Re: OMG Condoms being used in hair bands!!!   OMG  Condoms being used in hair bands!!! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 8:47 pm

LMAO!!!

just make sure you dont get those kind. It had tight threads on it. I use mostly all scrunchie brand. I think I hope they are made USA....lol
Back to top Go down
DreamWeaver
Ast. Admin
DreamWeaver

PostSubject: Re: OMG Condoms being used in hair bands!!!   OMG  Condoms being used in hair bands!!! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 12:05 pm

My hair is too short ot pull up really. And if I do, I use a clip. So no worries here. LOL
Back to top Go down
Nikki
Nikki

Number of posts : 3500

PostSubject: Re: OMG Condoms being used in hair bands!!!   OMG  Condoms being used in hair bands!!! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 12:06 pm

Yea esper See if she knows about this nasty crap
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OMG Condoms being used in hair bands!!!   OMG  Condoms being used in hair bands!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

OMG Condoms being used in hair bands!!!
Page 1 of 1