Freebies4All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Freebies4All

A place to post and share Freebies

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

THE GOOD OLE DAYS

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
teletalker
Advanced Member
teletalker

Number of posts : 1410
Registration date : 2008-05-06

THE GOOD OLE DAYS Empty
PostSubject: THE GOOD OLE DAYS   THE GOOD OLE DAYS Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 6:01 pm

I know there was one like this on here but I think this one is a bit different so I wanted to share it too . . . .
DO YOU REMEMBER WHEN...?
All the girls had ugly gym uniforms?
It took five minutes for the TV warm up?
Nearly everyone's Mom was at home when the kids got home from school?
Nobody owned a purebred dog?
When a quarter was a decent allowance?
You'd reach into a muddy gutter for a penny?Your Mom wore nylons that came in two pieces?
All your male teachers wore neckties and female teachers had their hair done every day and wore high heels?
You got your windshield cleaned, oil checked, and gas pumped, without asking, all for free, every time? And you didn't pay for air? And, you got trading stamps to boot?
Laundry detergent had free glasses, dishes or towels hidden inside the box?
It was considered a great privilege to be taken out to dinner at a real restaurant with your parents.
They threatened to keep kids back a grade if they failed. . . and they did?
When a '57 Chevy was everyone's dream car... to cruise, peel out, lay rubber, or watch submarine races, and people went steady?
No one ever asked where the car keys were because they were always in the car, in the ignition, and the doors were never locked?
Playing baseball with no adults to help kids with the rules of the game?
Stuff from the store came without safety caps and hermetic seals because no one had yet tried to poison a perfect stranger?
And with all our progress, don't you just wish, just once, you could slip back in time and savor the slower pace? Share it with the children of today. When being sent to the principal's office was nothing compared to the fate that awaited the student at home? Basically we were in fear for our lives, but it wasn't because of drive-by shootings, drugs, gangs, etc. Our parents and grandparents were a much bigger threat! But we survived because their love was greater than the threat
Do you still remember Nancy Drew, the Hardy Boys, Laurel and Hardy, Howdy Dowdy and the Peanut Gallery, the Lone Ranger, The Shadow Knows, Roy and Dale and Trigger, and Buttermilk.
.as well as summers filled with bike rides, baseball games, Hula Hoops, bowling and visits to the pool, and eating Kool-Aid powder with sugar.
Didn't that feel good, just to go back and say, 'Yeah, I remember that'?
Back to top Go down
teddybare812
Advanced Member
teddybare812

Number of posts : 251
Registration date : 2008-05-05

THE GOOD OLE DAYS Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE GOOD OLE DAYS   THE GOOD OLE DAYS Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 7:17 pm

Yeah I remember that. All of it. And the little towels that came in the washing powders, with pictures of giraffes, pandas and such - my grandma would always make me shirts out of them, lol. I was so proud wearing them. Oh, for the good ole days.
Back to top Go down
DreamWeaver
Ast. Admin
DreamWeaver

Number of posts : 2174

THE GOOD OLE DAYS Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE GOOD OLE DAYS   THE GOOD OLE DAYS Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 2:57 pm

If only things could be that way again. It is sad really, the path the world has been taking since then. PLEASE leave your keeys in your car ignition now, or leave home with your door unlocked. Trust is slowly dying away as criminals are taking over now.
Back to top Go down
teletalker
Advanced Member
teletalker

Number of posts : 1410

THE GOOD OLE DAYS Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE GOOD OLE DAYS   THE GOOD OLE DAYS Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 4:12 pm

I think the worst part of it all is I would love for my grandchildren to grow up the way we did, trusting in things and people but I know they can't. Every now and again we do leave our house unlocked if just a short trip. . . but those times are few and far between.
I don't remember those towels Teddy but they sound cute.
Back to top Go down
Nikki
Nikki

Number of posts : 3500

THE GOOD OLE DAYS Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE GOOD OLE DAYS   THE GOOD OLE DAYS Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 5:35 pm

Yeah i know what u mean i will till this day make sure that kids watch what they take from people. I double and tripe check the candy on Halloween.

I so remeber nancy drew & the hardy boys, Babaysitters club
Wink lol omg memeories
Back to top Go down
Cher
Advanced Member
Cher

Number of posts : 1658

THE GOOD OLE DAYS Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE GOOD OLE DAYS   THE GOOD OLE DAYS Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 12:40 pm

oh yes! I remember going to gas station with grandad and the guy automatically washing windows as soon as we pulled up. The paper towels was blue and real think. I wanted to wash the windows too but wasnt allowed.

It used to be you would have a little bucket of soapy water and the paper towels at the gas station. Even if there was not an attendent you could wash your windows. I don't think many places even have that anymore.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

THE GOOD OLE DAYS Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE GOOD OLE DAYS   THE GOOD OLE DAYS Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

THE GOOD OLE DAYS
Page 1 of 1